Register to Vote
Voting is one of your most important rights as an American. The Medina County Democratic Party strongly urges you to vote in all upcoming elections. NOTE: Effective January 1, 2004, as a result of the new "Help America Vote Act", persons registering by mail and voting for the first time in a federal election must provide identification by:
- Providing a current Ohio driver's license
number on the voter registration form,
- Providing the last 4 digits of his/her social security number on the voter registration form
Otherwise, the person must provide identification when voting on election day. This may be in the form of:
- A current, valid photo identification
showing his/her name,
- A current utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, government check, or other government document showing his/her name and address.
REGISTRATION DEADLINES FOR 2007
For the May 4, 2 2010 Primary Election: April 5, 2010
For the November 2, 2010 General Election: October 3, 2010
For Special Elections: 30 days before Election Day
Register to Vote through the Mail
To register to vote by mail, please refer to the instructions on the Medina County Board of Elections website at Medina County Board of Elections Voter Registration Instructions.
There you will find a form that you can print, fill out and mail back to the Medina County Board of Elections.
Register to Vote Online
At this time it is not possible register in online in Ohio. Instead you can download the voter registration form listed above and mail it to the Medina County Board of Elections.
Register to Vote in Person
There are several places you can go to register in person:
- Any County Board of Elections or the Secretary of State's Office.
- Branch registration offices or locations established a board of elections.
- Any public high school or vocational school.
- Any Bureau of Motor Vehicles Office.
- Office of designated agencies which provide public assistance or disability programs.
- Public libraries.
- County Treasurer's Office.
Still have questions?
For general information about voting in
Medina County, please refer to the Medina County Board of
The Medina County Board of Elections is located at:
4210 North Jefferson Street, Medina, OH 44258.
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Contact the Medina County Board of Elections:
- Medina: 330-722-9278
- Brunswick/Hinckley: 330-225-7100 Ext. 9278
- Wadsworth: 330-336-6657 Ext. 9278
- TDD or TTY: 330- 725-9123
- Fax: 330-722-9299